Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Food, lies, and a free chicken sandwich.

Working out every Monday, Wednesday, Friday in the office gym. Lifting weights, focusing on arms and rotator cuffs and shoulders. Sticking to the plan, not skipping a session, even when work is busy.


Now to my problem.


I have some kind of obsession with fast food commercials, I critique them. I yell at them. I try to figure out if the offer is a good deal or some scheme or rip-off. Pausing live T.V. to look over the picture like a crime-scene investigator looking for a vital clue. Somehow they make something (usually) mediocre, look delicious.

Guess what? You too could have a career as a "food stylist" (in English that translates to 'liar').
http://www.culinaryschools.com/being-a-food-stylist

My new frustration is the AMPM chicken sandwich. In the commercial they're doing something tricky with the bottom bun, it looks much longer than the top. Maybe to make it look bigger? I will have to get one and do a side by side photo comparison for you, screen shot of the commercial vs. the actual sandwich. Did I mention I have a problem?

In researching this further I just found out that tomorrow 5/20/09 is free chicken sandwich day at AMPM. Oh, it's on, you little clucker.
http://timblair.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!B71A619F97F176BD!194100.entry

Don't even get me started on Carl's Jr. commercials. The most crisp, perfect, 1 ft. tall burger depicted in the commercial is in reality a pile of saucy mush. If it doesn't live up to the advertisement, it doesn't belong in my face. I mean, they aren't bad, but they're no Double-Double (animal style).

I guess I should be the fast food hero, and warn society (or my 2 readers) about these misleading tricks fast food ad's use. Problem is, I don't like fast food. At all. In fact, I'm not even a big fan of restaurant food. I like good old-fashioned home cookin'.

I think I just found my blog calling.

2 comments:

Campbell Jane said...

Dude! You are too funny!! I just laughed & laughed!!

Rico said...

Wow. You should be a comedian. Really... wow.